Love is greater than death. Death has no power to separate those who 'true' love has joined together in this world.
This is to offer guidance, support and knowledge to those who have lost a dear one or know someone who has lost a dear one.
How does one deal with sorrow?On Earth, everyone has to face sorrow at some time or another. It is almost too much to bear the loss of a loved one, but somehow you have to face this tough time and live this life of yours on Earth in the best possible manner. What you need is consolation, courage and love from people around you. In those times you have to make up your mind to gather strength and comfort by helping someone else in their grief, sickness or other problem to overcome your sorrow.
A Human Being is a SoulYou need to understand a basic truth – your soul is eternal, imperishable, undying, and indestructible. On the other hand, your physical body is temporary, perishable and subject to decay. Your soul is invisible within your body and matures through experiences over many lifetimes. The soul is the real you.
Earth is merely the soul’s temporary school. The spirit world is your TRUE home. The soul matures over many lifetimes. If you can accept the fact that there is life after death, then death becomes not the dreaded end of life, but a moment of change when you discard your Earthly body and emerge as a spirit being to a life in the spirit world.
Death is simply a means of returning to your true home – the spirit world. It is like finally graduating from school after undergoing many difficult exams and returning home. During life on Earth you go through various problems, pain, difficulties, miseries, etc. Without these experiences the soul cannot mature. The physical body is like a car which takes you from one experience to another. When death comes, your physical body, which has fulfilled its purpose, is severed from your spirit body, and your soul goes on as part of its eternal pilgrimage. Good souls, who have gone through their problems well in this worldly life, find themselves in a beautiful place filled with light and happiness unlike anything they have ever experienced on Earth.
You are not aloneRemember that your departed dear one is with you. You are not alone. The ones you love, the ones who love you, might have left you physically but not spiritually. They can see you and hear you even though you cannot see them. With death, they have simply discarded the physical body as one would discard an old coat. Your loved ones have merely travelled to a new land where they will wait for you.
To grieve is not an expression of loveIt is not wrong to love and miss your loved ones – it is natural – but it is wrong to keep mourning and grieving for them forever. It is natural that a wound will bleed for some time but after a while it will stop bleeding and will heal. You have to understand that grieving indefinitely is wrong for the reasons mentioned below:
1. Grief can be a bit selfish. When you grieve constantly, you make your departed loved ones in the spirit world miserable to see you so unhappy. In fact, grief creates a barrier and makes it more difficult for them to get close to you and help you. By mourning, you delay the growth of the departed soul as you are not allowing them to do their work. They will be worried about you and will be unable to concentrate on doing their work in the spirit world.
2. Grief is self-centered. Your grief and tears of mourning are only shed for yourself. You mourn as you wonder how you will manage by yourself. What you will do without them or who will look after and provide for you or help you now that the loved one is no more.
3. Grief causes negativity. Grieving changes your state of mind from positive to negative. This negativity could manifest within your body physically.
4. Grief can result from lack of knowledge: Some believe that your departed loved ones will be happy if you grieve for them. You feel guilty if you don’t grieve for your departed loved ones – you feel that you are being disloyal. This is a wrong understanding. Your departed loved ones want you to remember them and talk to them and cherish the happy memories of all the joyful moments that you have shared together, but they never want you to grieve for them and become negative. Guilt is a very negative emotion.
5. Grief clouds your mind. You are unable to see what is right and what is wrong as your mind is not clear and positive. Thus your judgment becomes weak.
6. Grief makes you forget your duty. When you grieve you are focused on your own feelings, and you forget to even do your duty to your loved ones who are still on Earth.
7. Grief is a lack of faith. It means you have no faith, you do not believe that there is life after death and that every soul must eventually return to the spirit world. It means you do not understand the true purpose of life on Earth.
Tough jobs are for tough peopleJust as you face harder and harder tests as you gain knowledge and experience through your years from school to college, harder tests and training are assigned to those who are competent enough to successfully pass them. Face your trials courageously. Overcome your grief. Nothing on Earth is really yours. There is always a higher power, which you might think of as unjust, but it is not. Don’t forget that you were in the spirit world before you were reborn, and are now not aware of the choices you made before you came to Earth.
If you wish to help your loved ones then pray for them, as your love and prayers will aid their progress. Try to forget your own pain by giving happiness to others.
1. Light a candle in someone else's dark hour. Remember that your departed loved ones are by your side helping you in all the good work that you do. Time wasted can never be regained and there is so much soul work that needs to be done. Do good always and try not to leave any good work undone.
2. Think wisely before you help others. You should not cause them further pain instead of consoling them. When people are miserable they may insult you or try to avoid you. Be tactful, understanding and loving.
3. You must not give of yourself to another so completely that you are drained of strength, balance and the power of decision making. Nor must you support those who are shirking their own tasks or refusing to exert themselves for others.
4. You have to be able to share someone else’s pain and your own as well. Upon sharing you will see that half of your misery and theirs will have disappeared. Make the best of the worst.
5. You must also try and get back to your normal day-to-day activities.
6. You will experience immense joy when you find that you are ready to sacrifice even a little of yourself for others. To live for oneself is to destroy oneself.
7. Show courage in meeting and enduring your trials. Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
8. Pray. Prayer, when rightly understood and wisely directed, can be of invaluable assistance to spirit souls. Sincere, loving and selfless prayer is to them a source of strength, relief and happiness.
Nothing can separate you from your loved ones. By death you lose not your loved ones but the power to see and hear them. Ties of true affection are eternal and when you are in deep sleep you reunite with many of your loved ones in the Spirit World.
Begin today to live your life with such courage and gratitude that the inspiration you provide will set others on the same marvellously dedicated course that you follow.
If you feel sad go out and do something for someone else.